You ask–What does your MSCPA Organization do for you?
Good Question! One the MSCPA Board of Directors asked itself recently.
When our Board of Directors met in May for our Annual Board Planning meeting, we reviewed the Society’s Strategic Plan, because we want to be able to answer that very question when you ask. We talked about how important continuity is to you as a member and how much each of us relies on the Society for the services provided. In that process we reviewed and affirmed our Mission, Vision and Values. We also reviewed and prioritized our Goals and Strategies. We want to ensure the organization has a written plan that is well organized and documented as we transition board members each year and when the time for staff transition arises. Here’s the plan, as we see it.
Inspire, empower and impact members
to achieve professional excellence.
MSCPA’s vision is to be the most valued
professional resource for our members
- We value our profession
- We value ethical behavior
- We value active members
- We value visionary leaders
- We value our professional staff
- We value effective communication
Goals and Strategies for 2014 to 2017+
The board established five goals and within these goals everything we do is strategically aligned. As we review existing programs and look at new opportunities to enhance membership value, we will use these goals as our road map.
MEMBERSHIP—Your Professional Home
Facilitating member success from entry through retirement for all members, including business, industry, nonprofit, government, public practice and educators.
- Engagement of Members
- New focus of membership committee
Maintain a dynamic organization and ensure we exist throughout the next 100 years
- Align committees with Board goals
- Business continuity and succession plan
- Ensure financial viability
- Leadership Development among staff and leadership
- Legacy Foundation/Community Foundation
- Governing documents
Delivering education and resources
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Collaborate and provide regional opportunities—create opportunities for our members to share discussions with professional from adjacent states
- The Future of Learning Task Force—enhance our current professional development program to better address the needs of our members.
- Study the feasibility of benchmarking and data sharing to enhance professional excellence
Advance and protect the profession and the people we serve while improving member awareness of the Society’s advocacy role.
- Lobbying—maintain a strong representation of the interests of the profession
- Political Action Committee (PAC)—maintain and grow a respected PAC through member awareness and participation
- State Issues—monitor all the legislation that affects the profession at the state level legislation and recruit bill sponsors
- Federal Issues—monitor all the issues that affect the profession at the federal level
OUTREACH & IMPACT
Connectivity and communications through chapters, community service and public relations
- Chapter relations—working together
- College relations—advance relationships with Montana schools
- Student relations—create and communicate value
- Public Relations—Respond to public and media—positioned as a resource to improve awareness
- Social Media—Maximize use of social media to connect and promote
- Pitch Project—show members how to use their membership to get the greatest value
- Member visits by MSCPA Board—grassroots effort to listen to member concerns
If you have questions about the Strategic Plan or the value membership in MSCPA can provide you please contact our staff at 800.272.0307.